This article serves as documentation for a module extension I made for the Joomla Content Management System versions 2.5 or later.
Could have probably used someone else's. I think there's loads out there but thought making my own to do exactly what I want was quicker.
Why am I giving it away for free? Could be malicious or could be that I made this for a website, got paid, and I've used it again and again since. I learnt how to do this because someone else taught me for free. Enjoy!
- Go to your Control Panel > Extensions > Extension Manager
- Upload and Install the Zip
- Go to the Extensions > Module Manager
- Configure the module "Joes Google Map" (especially the "Menu Assignment")
- Set the latitude and longitude of where the map starts
- Set the latitude and longitude of your main marker (HQ?)
- Set the HTML InfoWindow content (the popup of the marker)
- Swith the appropriate Overrides to "Yes"
- Leave blank what you don't want to change. Style away!