A quick article on a frequent question I get asked. This refers to an issue within the Joomla CMS (version 2.5.x) where it fails to email users who reset their password.
A few things to check:
- Applies to Joomla 2.5.x +
So I can't stand the way the default "Search" component in Joomla works. The default is to sort the results by popularity (hits) which I have never seen in any other system.
I've googled and binged but could not find anything that documents how to bring it into line with other search systems. So here we go, hope this helps you.
I've created search systems for a plethora of other systems. The aim of this article is to enhance the Joomla search into par with Google and Wikipedia (or near enough).
So I recently came across the Chrome Experiments WebGL Globe which I think is beautiful; here's a screenshot of what I envisaged though:
It's still in development and a somewhat stable beta version is demo'd at http://demo.joellipman.com/joomla16/index.php/joes-infographic-for-joomla
This is a quick article on what I change the error page for Joomla websites to. I like a clean error page, for a demo visit http://www.joellipman.com/elephants.
- Applies to Joomla 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 2.5.x
- Backup the file \templates\system\error.php
- Create a replacement file called error.php including the below code
- Change the message "The Page you are looking for..." to what you want.
- Change the link "www.joellipman.com" to the "www.yoursitename.com".
- [Optional] If you want the image that creates the shadow you can download it here. I put it in the folder \templates\system\images.
Basic Query - 1 result
- $db = JFactory::getDBO();
- $query = "
- SELECT ".$db->nameQuote('field_name')."
- FROM ".$db->nameQuote('#__my_table')."
- WHERE ".$db->nameQuote('some_name')." = ".$db->quote($some_value);
- $result = $db->loadResult();
- -- $result = value of field_name