- T-SQL functions to convert Strings to Tables
- Batch Process to rename multiple files using Windows DOS
- SSIS Multiple Lookups in one
- mysqldump: Got error: 2049: Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled) when trying to connect
- AHK Countdown Tooltip
Last Updated on Friday, 12 August 2011
This article serves to describe several workarounds or proofs of concept.
We have a first report which acts like a search page. You enter the student you are looking for by reference or name and if there is only 1 result in the results page, then we want it to redirect to the details report for that student automatically.
So there are various solutions out there, here's an overview of some:
- Create one report with all selectable reports as subreports - toggle visibilty based on parameter.
- Add a button below "View Report" linked to some script code (requires change to ASP pages on the ReportingServer, ie. affects all reports on that server).
- Use ASP instead of SSRS.
- Use a TimeInterval refreshing the page after a certain time.
In the end, this came down to a design decision. Time spent on trying to find a solution was not considered to be warranted. My reports use a parameter for the connection string to specify which server and database to connect to and the follow on link was enough as a solution. My seniors advised that if we had time in the future we could expand on this further.
Google Searches that got me nowhere:
- ssrs process parameter after report execution
- auto-redirect after are a report is run
- ssrs vbscript post report processing
- ssrs auto redirect based on a dataset value
- Mon 01-Sep-14
- Sat 23-Aug-14
- Wed 20-Aug-14
- Tue 19-Aug-14
mysqldump: Got error: 2049: Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled) when trying to connect
- Wed 10-Sep-14