- T-SQL functions to convert Strings to Tables
- Batch Process to rename multiple files using Windows DOS
- SSIS Multiple Lookups in one
- mysqldump: Got error: 2049: Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled) when trying to connect
- AHK Countdown Tooltip
Last Updated on Thursday, 06 January 2011
Using SQL Server Management Studio 2008:
- Connect to your database server.
- Expand Security > Logins.
- Right-click on the user who will be set as having read-only access (in this example "adventureworksro").
- Select Properties.
- Select User Mapping.
- Map the login to the database they will have access to.
- Tick the boxes for role membership next to public and db_datareader.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
Database-level role namesfrom http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189121(SQL.100).aspx
Members of the db_accessadmin fixed database role can add or remove access to the database for Windows logins, Windows groups, and SQL Server logins.
Members of the db_backupoperator fixed database role can back up the database.
Members of the db_datareader fixed database role can read all data from all user tables.
Members of the db_datawriter fixed database role can add, delete, or change data in all user tables.
Members of the db_ddladmin fixed database role can run any Data Definition Language (DDL) command in a database.
Members of the db_denydatareader fixed database role cannot read any data in the user tables within a database.
Members of the db_denydatawriter fixed database role cannot add, modify, or delete any data in the user tables within a database.
Members of the db_owner fixed database role can perform all configuration and maintenance activities on the database, and can also drop the database.
Members of the db_securityadmin fixed database role can modify role membership and manage permissions. Adding principals to this role could enable unintended privilege escalation.
In theory, a user who can do nearly everything but modify access and security permissions:
- Mon 01-Sep-14
- Thu 18-Sep-14
- Sat 23-Aug-14
- Wed 20-Aug-14
mysqldump: Got error: 2049: Connection using old (pre-4.1.1) authentication protocol refused (client option 'secure_auth' enabled) when trying to connect
- Wed 10-Sep-14