- Category: Linux
I've been told of two ways of running a downloaded .RUN file.
Note: Bear in mind that the following is all case-sensitive.
Through the terminal server
- Download the .RUN file to your desktop
- Open a terminal by going to Application > Accessories > Terminal
- Type 'CD Desktop' to go to your desktop folder
- Type 'LS' just to check the .RUN file is in this one
- Type 'sudo sh nameoffile.run'
Through the Gnome GUI
- Right-click on the file you downloaded
- Select 'Properties'
- Select the 'Permissions' tab
- Tick the 'Execute' checkbox
The solution using the terminal worked for me but the second one using Gnome didn't.